Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Went a bit off track :S

Well it's a couple of days later and I definitely went a little off track, but I figure it's okay because becoming a full vegetarian is a huge change to ones life, and it takes time.
I have cut out eggs in my life, and that's been very easy to do! I make these bang'n hamburgers that Nick goes crazy for, really nothing overly "inspired" about them but still fantastic.
I use my stove top griddle, and use just oatmeal in my patties as my binder. Once they are browned up enough on both sides, I take a huge handful of shredded cheese and pile it on! I let it hang out over the sides add a splash of water and top a saucepan lid over top to let the steam melt the cheese. Soo yummy! (This is thanks to Diners, Drive-ins and Dives)

Anyway, made some fantastic bake goods these past couple of days.
I made a carrot cake that was super moist and yummy minus that I kinda forgot about it and it was slightly burnt :S
And today I made Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chip cookies, again fantastic! The first time I made these, I made them with Applesauce instead of eggs, but this time around I used Bob's Red Mill Egg Subsitute. I think I will be using this from now on, as they made the cookies a bit more crunchier, which I like better.

So my new adventure is going to be making my own tomatoe sauce, and I found a recipe to make one without tomatoes using beets and carrots. Can't wait to try this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment