Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 1

Today is day one of my challenge to myself to become a vegetarian and so far its been pretty "easy". I decided to make this lifestyle change due to the fact that there is so much "crap" being put into meat these days that I didn't want to ingest anything I couldn't be somewhat sure where it came from.
For breakfast I had Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Breakfast cereal, so yummy. I put hunny and berries on it. It was super filling, and had to have it with some greek yoghurt and coffee.

My BIG weakness right now is Solar Raw Kale Chips, the flavour I'm loving right now is Sour Cream and Hemp. So fantastic, and so great for you! Kale chips are basically Kale, like a lettuce of sorts, dehydrated with flavours dehydrated onto it. Super crunchy and very addicting! My fave flavour from this company is Spicy Curry Lime, but they don't make it anymore. Well that's no problem, because when my dad brings my parents dehydrator over this weekend, I'll be making my own! Now to convert my lovely hubby into enjoying this fantastic snack - I might be waiting a long time!

So for lunch I'm thinking about some butternaut squash soup. Should be good, and I still have to make some more Banana Chip bread for Nick. Which by the way I make without eggs. When a recipe calls for an egg I subsitute it with a 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Another good subsitute is Bob's Red Mill Egg Subsitute.

Anyway so this is my first day, hopefully it will turn out well. Will post tomorrow!


XOXO
Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment